Monday, June 18, 2007

First week after 'vacation'
Back to the real world and work of CUSO cooperant in the placement, I started with meeting with the Naru women’s group of alternative health center organization. It was on Sunday afternoon. It was great meeting we had. It continued the next day with the Health authority and Village leader. We talked about the proposals and other stuff that need to be improving in the clinic. A few days in the office preparing some field work with some staffs and some ‘report’ writing related to some of the work that I did when I was on my vacation. Tuesday, June 12, we had a ‘traditional ceremony’ for new regency, Nagekeo Regency that split from Ngada Regency. It was great ceremony with a lot of attraction and not to forget killing buffalo, pigs and chickens are part of the ‘ritual’. I won’t put the pictures of killing in this part, if you interested just ask….
Saturday morning I went to Mbay, in the north Coast of Flores Island. It takes around 2,5-3 hours by motorbike. The reason I went to this place was a ‘documenting’ a New Regency traditional ceremony and celebration. It was also kind of ‘stress relief’ from vacation and get back to the reality in Ngada, Flores. I realized how ‘nice’ rode a motorbike with the early morning fog and drizzle of rain around Boawae, on the way to Mbay.
The ceremony and celebration was gone well and a lot of people came. So many traditional attractions were taken place in this event.
The next day, Sunday I went home took a different route, along north coast. Stop over for break at Riung, and then rode home in the afternoon…finds that lately, Bajawa is cold. I need to wear shocks during the night.
“In the night sky and stars smiling and laughing at me-I don’t know if the real smile and laugh, or just being sarcastic. I found that curiosity and silent not always come together. Honesty and destiny not always side by side. Then the morning always wiped out the night without any coup of power”
I realize that I need to start and fulfilling the day, the week, the month, the year till the time is up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home